ABOUT THE POSITION
Aqua-Leisure is seeking an experienced and well-rounded Human Resources Manager to join our team. The HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of HR operations and talent management including (but not limited to) full-cycle recruiting, compensation and benefits, compliance, employee relations, and performance management. The HR Manager is a key member of the Aqua-Leisure team and will work closely with senior management to design and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Manage the recruitment and hiring processes for a variety of levels from temporary staffing to executive placement across all departments.
- Maintain heavy full-cycle recruiting responsibilities including developing job descriptions and writing job postings; advertising open positions; sourcing passive candidates; interviewing; hiring.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS); optimize digital recruiting strategies; provide system training to users.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements; conduct investigations; maintaining compliant records; submitting reports; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures that are compliant with state and federal law.
- Manage HRIS; administer payroll; provide HR reporting; maintain accurate employee records.
- Maintain a compensation plan by conducting job evaluations; analyzing pay surveys; preparing budgets; administering individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Administer employee benefits programs; assess benefit needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to management; assist employees with claims issues; evaluate benefit contract bids; design and conduct employee educational programs on benefit programs.
Employee Relations and Talent Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee questions/concerns on HR-related matters; advise and counsel managers regarding personnel practices, workforce planning, policy and employment laws.
- Coach managers and individual contributors on matters related to job performance, communication, etc.
- Implement and guide managers and individual contributors in a performance management process.
- Design rewards and recognition programs; assess engagement and retention measures.
- Onboard new hires and conduct orientations; identify training needs; plan and coordinate training Programs.
- Conduct termination processing and exit interviews.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of human resource experience (or a combination of education and experience) required
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of proven success in a generalist HR leadership role
- In-depth knowledge of Massachusetts and Federal employment law and HR best practices
- People-oriented and results driven approach
- Excellent active listening, coaching, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Multi-state payroll processing experience
- HR system administration experience (Paylocity and Jazz HR preferred)
Aqua Leisure Industries, Inc. is an award-winning, family-owned company that has been in business since 1970. From our local roots south of Boston, MA we have grown to be an International leader in the marketing and sales of water-related sporting goods and toys for more than 40 years. We are currently in an exciting period of growth in which we are looking to upgrade our product offerings and are seeking talented, motivated professionals to help us level up!
PERKS & BENEFITS
At Aqua Leisure, we value our people and are proud to offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. The health and wellness of our employees is of the utmost importance to us and, to that end, we offer:
- 401k Retirement Plan (with generous company matching)
- Medical Insurance (with 50% employer contribution)
- Dental Insurance
- Company-paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) covering employee deductibles
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- Life Insurance (fully paid by Aqua Leisure)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (fully paid by Aqua Leisure)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life, Accident, and Cancer/Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
Additional Benefits Bank paid by Aqua Leisure that can be applied to any of our voluntary benefits
We also offer a variety of types of leave including paid holiday, vacation, and sick/personal time off so that our employees can attend to personal needs and enjoy time away to relax. We want our team members to have access to new information to help them develop personally and professionally and offer a wide range of job and skills training, as well as personal development resources. Finally, our employees have access to free beverages to help them power through the day, and enjoy a variety of company-sponsored social events to keep things FUN!